Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The stuff of 90s nightmares : Glitter Body Gel makes a horrific comeback.

It was only a matter of time.

My 90s nightmares are back.

I remember when I used to go to the disco (every child in rural Ireland remembers the discos) and you had to get ready. Getting ready meant a whole world of putting horrible things your skin and pretending you knew how to do your hair. One of the many disgusting beauty products (I use the term beauty loosely) was body glitter.

Body glitter came in tubes, tubs and roll ons. It was awful stuff. It went everywhere, attracted dust and dirt and generally stained any clothing it touched. I am sure there a whole generation of men out there scarred for life after 'shifting' at discos and coming home covered in gel. Horrific stuff.

I clearly never got over it.

As I was into theatrical make up as a teenager, I loved it. I loved it until I couldn't bear the feeling of pure greasy all over my shoulders and chest.

But since it is cool to like anything vaguely 90s, glitter gel has returned to ruin the tops of a whole new generation of young wans.

Only now it is called Unicorn Snot and for some reason I find this cute.

Should you want it. It is $10 from here


Other such 90s related horror stories involve the following :

butterfly clips
hair mascara
hair studs
platform buffalo trainers
UV light hair gel
blue mascara
shaders and toner hair dye packets
sunny delight. I don't know why that is in there but I know I wanted it at that age. Until I read it turned someone's arm yellow. This is the logic of 13 year olds. It's all fun and games until someone has a yellow arm.

I am going to have to do a post on this. It's too good not to.


IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS BEEN PERSONALLY AFFECTED BY THIS BLOG POST AND WOULD LIKE TO TALK. PLEASE JOIN US ON OUR TWITTER PAGE FOR SUPPORT. PLEASE CLICK HERE

BY SHARING WE CAN SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME. XXX

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar