Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Our Carrara Marble Backsplash and Kitchen Tour

Ahhhh, white marble. The stuff that dreams are made of. Well, mine anyways. I dream of a white kitchen. While some of my friends pine after the next seasons "it" bag or  the latest Louboutins, I long for white kitchen cabinets and white marble counters. So bad.

We do (unfortunately and fortunately) live in a new house. With new cabinets. And so, the practical part of me has prevented me from ripping out my new kitchen for my dream kitchen. The time will come though.... oh yes it will.

In the meantime, I am finding ways to customize our kitchen and help it stand out from the hundred other kitchens that look the same in our community (no literally, like a hundred). When I charged slobbering like a rabid dog attended an interior design warehouse sale last September, the last thing I expected to find was tile. Chairs, pillows, art, of course, but tile? Never even crossed my mind. But tile I found, and tile I bought. Three different kinds of tile, worth well over $5000, and I bought it all for $300. I will have to tell you all about my tile finds in another post, but this one, well this post is about my white carrara bianco marble matchstick mosaic that we used for our backsplash.

The installation process and advice I have to give could easily fill two blog posts, so I'll wait to post all the nitty gritty details. For now, let's just look at pictures. Pretty pictures.

This is the before. I love our home, and I love our builder (especially considering I now work for them!), but I don't know who in their right mind felt that espresso cabinets and grey/white/black granite counters meant that a camel/tan coloured backsplash was in order. So out it went and in with the marble!

Before (very before... like before we even painted)

Before (but after we painted Behr Rhino)

Before. This is a pretty good representation of our old backsplash. If you're my neighbour, don't come knocking and asking for sugar....


And now!


 And a nice detail shot of the tile.





And there you have it! I absolutely love the new look and the white marble truly truly makes a massive difference in the feel of the room, and makes it feel so much larger! Had I known how much of an impact it would have, I might have done it sooner. So that being said, if you're contemplating backplashin' in the near future, go for it! You will not regret it :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar