Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hibiscus and Garden Images

My red hibiscus bloomed!  The plant is kind of naughty.  I have cared for and enjoyed many blooms over the years and so I got a big huge pot for it so it could enjoy more "real estate".  Once I potted it I severely pruned it to give it a new lease on life.  Well.. it did grow.. and grow.. but refused to grace me with the blooms I so love.  Hmph.  Ungrateful tree!  But yesterday was the day.  It is somewhat out of the doghouse, but I don't see many more buds.  :-)


Have you ever kept a hibiscus in the house or can you have them in your garden?  


I did a side shot so you can see the amazing pistil of the flower.


The old apple tree is covered with apple of unknown variety.


The Canna Lily in the pond bloomed.  I think this is a "Tropicana".


Most of the Hydrangea blooms are dried up but I noticed two newer flowers so I snapped this cute little one.. I love the blue and purple of the petals.


Our Douglas Fir, Oregon's State Tree, is covered with fir cones.


A high branch.


Our community has a few Facebook group pages - one is called "Corbett Unstuff" - this beautiful cheese board/tray was listed yesterday for $10.  I couldn't pass it up.  I will use this for our next dinner or meal under the gazebo.  I will also use it as a hot pad on the table.


The beautiful handles are silver-plated.


Mocha looking very cute.. *snap*


We got a bag of avocados from Costco so more yummy lunches on toasted English muffins.. I mash the avocado and add a tablespoon of mayonnaise, salt and pepper, a sprinkle of Nunu's Cajun seasoning and a new thing...


My daughter's SIL in Ohio suggested this for the top so I got some and oh my goodness.. the garlic and onion really put it over the top.  You might want to pick some of this up.  I got it on Amazon.  :-)  It has 
White Sesame Seed, Sea Salt Flakes, Seed, Minced Onion, Minced Garlic, Black Sesame Seed, Poppy Seed in it.
Well.. this it for me.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, rest if you need it, adventure if that is what you crave.  There is nothing on our docket.  Thank goodness we're okay with that.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar