Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

IRISH DESIGN : Lucy's Lounge

When I moved to Dublin, I really thought I knew it all when it came to fashion (I knew the way to Topshop on Stephens Green - that was enough) but I kept hearing Dublin's fash-pack referring to great vintage finds to be had in the city however I didn't know where to go. I kept hearing about Lucy's Lounge over and over again, so I was delighted when I finally found it and managed to get some fantastic bargains and vintage pieces there. I've been a fan of the store and the lovely owner, Dee for quite some time. Given that July is Irish designers/design/crafts month on this blog, I am happy to start early and show some images she sent me of work going on in the Lounge! They are setting up a summer project to feature stylists and designers in the city, with new, fresh and emerging talent selling their pieces from the store. It's great to see someone behind new designers and giving us a break from the Urban Outfitters of this world, and the best part is that Lucy's doesn't cost a fortune. It's another issue I have with vintage in this town, it can be great but it can also be beyond expensive and a little bit silly. Lucy's has a selection of the best pieces and also keeps it real with the prices. In fact, the work featured in the photos is by supercreep, Keith and Tee who are all working in Lucy's Lounge at the moment producing pieces.
Happily all the clothing featured in the photographs costs under €50 (I know!) and is available in store already, so you really have no excuse! I love that hat...
Do drop in, you'll be surprised what you'll find there and how you can actually afford vintage in Dublin!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar